Hi, Alan,

> I've found some code I can nick that assumes there's a profile set up
> for your IMAP server on your system (using Mail control panel
> applet). That work for you?

Probably...I don't have a Mail applet at the moment (no Outlook, etc.), 
but I'm sure that could be remedied.

> On my W2K system, that applet seems to assume that outgoing mail sent
> via the profile will be sent with SMTP, in which case might as well
> just use the smtp plugin. Is that how it works for you, i.e. only a
> need for IMAP interface to get incoming mail?

Yup, outgoing still uses SMTP. In fact, I don't even care about 
*getting* the IMAP mail - just getting the number of new messages in 
some way that PowerPro can use. I found some easy PHP code but don't 
want to have PHP running all the time...

Thanks x10^6 for looking into this!

--Jon

Reply via email to