Hi Jon,

--- In [email protected], Jon Visick <junquepo...@...> wrote:

> Probably...I don't have a Mail applet at the moment (no Outlook, etc.), 
> but I'm sure that could be remedied.

Hmm.  Seems at least on XP you don't get mail applet if you don't have Outlook 
installed.  And on one XP machine I checked, IMAP wasn;t a possible option.  
That's limiting: an IMAP plugin that requires Outlook to work is a bit 
limiting.  I'll explore further.
  
> Yup, outgoing still uses SMTP. In fact, I don't even care about 
> *getting* the IMAP mail - just getting the number of new messages in 
> some way that PowerPro can use. I found some easy PHP code but don't 
> want to have PHP running all the time...
> 
> Thanks x10^6 for looking into this!

Don't hold your breath...

Meanwhile:

http://www.andreamarangoni.it/newcheckp3/

from

http://email.about.com/od/windowsmailcheckers/Windows_Mail_Checkers.htm

couple of other progs that check imap accounts there....

Reply via email to