Chris Ferron wrote:
> Greetings,
>     Writting a quick announcement to let all of you know about our
> addition to Transifex. There is now an official project on Transifex for
> PowerTOP, and I will be accepting translations once they are 100%. So if
> anyone has the intrest to also do some translation work, here is the URL
> to the Transifex project.
>
> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/PowerTOP
> <https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/PowerTOP/resource/powertop-devel/>

I have some thoughts on the PowerTop strings we currently have:

 * There are strings which ends with " \n" (a SPACE followed by a NEW LINE).
   I'm not sure the SPACE is necessary, e.g. src/calibrate/calibrate.cpp:432 .

 * There are header strings which differ only on one column missing:
#: src/process/do_process.cpp:842
msgid "Power est.      Usage       Events/s    Category       Description\n"
#: src/process/do_process.cpp:844
msgid "                Usage       Events/s    Category       Description\n"
   These strings has to be translated twice. Maybe the original string can
   be split up so that the string part starting with "Usage..." needs to be
   translated only once.

 * There are strings which contain HTML formatting in src/devlist.cpp . I'm
   not sure the HTML formatting should be part of the localization string,
   only the actual text to be translated.

 * I'm not sure about the usefulness to translate the CONFIG_*=y kernel
   setting strings at src/perf/perf.cpp:123 .

Regards,

        Márton Németh