Hi there,

I just replaced the PRAM battery on my PB540c, but I must have
done something wrong as I now have a non-functionnal powerbook.

The upgrade seemed to go well (no extra pieces after the job!).

I reset the power manager before pluging the AC adapter back in
for the first time.

It boots, but with no startup chime. I can hear the powerbook starting up
until it (probably) gets to the desktop. The thing is, the screen is all
black.
I get zero video.

I tried reaching the "about this mac box blindly", but I don't seem to
be "catching it".
Other attempts to click on stuff were in vain.

I'm ready to open it up again, but I don't see what I could look for or
try.

Anyone with a guess?

BTW: I don't have an external monitor to try it on.

Thanks

Matvei