On Monday, August 27, 2001, at 12:33  PM, Mike Hebel wrote:

> *ouch!*  That will most likely have to be replaced and at least taped
> temporarily.  Check E-Bay for these - User: old-mac-milt sells them
> occasionally.

I still got a piece of it that I can glue back on.

> The other end of it is a brown board attached to a white connector.
> This is underneath a cover which I thought you already had removed.
> This is the white connector I mentioned to the left of the _right_
> hinge.

Yeah, I do see the brown board/white connector part. The thing I don't
see is the actual connection between the ribon and the brown board.

> On the back of the PowerBook behind the "door" (if you have that) is a
> serial number sticker.  On each side of the sticker is a screw.
> Remove these and a central cover will pull off of the other side of
> the PowerBook directly below where you removed the microphone cover.

I had that off from the beginning.  On the right of that section though
is
a grey plastic part that covers the connection between the brown board
and the ribon.

> MR> Should I take out the bottom of the powerbook to go in that way?
>
> No.  There's no reason to remove any of the bottom screws when working
> with the system video.

How can I see if the connection between the board and the ribon is ok?

Matvei