Rob on 10/19/01 9:12 PM wrote:

> I have an older Powerbook 5300c that I recently got going, but it doesn't
> have built in ethernet. I am using Apple's Appletalk Bridge software on a
> Powermac 7200/120, but apparently it doesn't do TCP/IP. Perhaps I just don't
> know how to set it up...
>
> How about cheap ways to get ethernet on this Powerbook?

Here's what you need:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1286688165>

It's a combination modem/ethernet card. Works great with the 5300 I have.

There's also a built-in option that you can add. It's a combination
ethernet/video out card that you install in place of the video card that's
currently installed. It's made by Focus Enhancements (I believe) and once
installed you plug in a dongle that provides a standard Mac video out port
and an RJ45 port next to it. Does thousands of colors and works great.

However it's a rather involved process which requires tearing apart the
PowerBook. Not for a novice. One of the list members, David Wegener, has a
number of them for sale.

HTH,
-makmac