>How about cheap ways to get ethernet on this Powerbook?
>It's a combination modem/ethernet card. Works great with the 5300 I have.
>
>There's also a built-in option that you can add. It's a combination
>ethernet/video out card that you install in place of the video card that's
>currently installed. It's made by Focus Enhancements (I believe) and once
>installed you plug in a dongle that provides a standard Mac video out port
>and an RJ45 port next to it. Does thousands of colors and works great.
>
>However it's a rather involved process which requires tearing apart the
>PowerBook. Not for a novice. One of the list members, David Wegener, has a
>number of them for sale.
>
>HTH,
>-makmac

Very thorough response makmac!  On a related vein, I'm trying to set up a
modem with my ancient Powerbook 145. It has an internal modem ( a tiny card
about 1" X 3", with only the words "Apple Computer" to identify it), for
which i can find no specs nor references. I also have a GV Flex external
modem. What advice can you (or others) give me on my best options for accessing
my internet services?

I have an ISP, and a domain (and website). Email is my prime concern,
not netsurfing (or netwallowing I guess on a PB145)...

I'd appreciate any suggestions or directions, BEFORE I pry it open   : )

martin