B Yen on 10/8/01 2:52 AM wrote:

> The 64M limitation kinda tells me any further "investment" into 1400 is a
> waste of time.  Comments?  I currently have 42M, I know I have a memory
> module in there (forgot the size).  Techworks 24M sells for $80.  I don't
> know if I can add another module, or replace the current one.

Go to www.datamem.com for memory. 24MB is $65, 32MB is $79. I purchase all
my memory form them including a 32MB for a PB1400c I previously owned. They
include a lifetime warranty and the best service I've ever received.

If you have 42MB RAM in yours, and you have a factory installation if 16MB,
then you have something wrong with your 1400. There is no way to achieve and
install of 42MB with any combination of available memory modules in or out
of production (that I am aware of). The closest I can estimate is 40MB or
48MB.

16+24=40
16+32=48
16+8+8=32
16+8+16=40
16+8+24=44
16+16+16=48

If you have an original install of 12MB (only found on an original base
model 117MHz 1400cs) then subtract 4MB from the above totals and there is
still no 42MB total available.

You may want to double check your memory or test your RAM.

-makmac