Donna suggested:

> Did you try reinstalling Netscape? What version are you using?

Can't reinstall it. Don't have it on floppy. And I don't have a floppy drive
hooked up to my iMac to make a floppy version from the CD version I have.
Can't d/l it because I can't get online with a browser to d/l it. Catch-22.

>tell your mother-in-law to add an account name to her account (she's
>allowed 7 names) that is 7 characters or less. Then try to access THAT new
>name which will be useable in that earlier version of AOL

Believe me, I know more about AOL than I care to. Was one of the very first
subscribers years and years and years ago--1991 I think. Already thought of
this option, but my mother-in-law is vacationing and away from a computer
for another month or so (can you believe being offline for that
long??????!!!). Anyway, that option will not work right now. Yes, I could
call and get her password, but her user name is also too long. So going the
AOL route is just off the list of possibilities right now.

And no, it's not worth installing AOL on my iMac and calling her for her
account info and me setting up another account on her account while she is
away.....That's just a lot of futzing. I think I have a much easier
workaround.

At this point in time, I am just going to wait for the Compact Flash card
and USB CF/SM reader to arrive.... Just got the PCMCIA CF adaptor today. It
seems to be a far smaller headache than taking the PB directly online at
this point. The CF card and CF/SM reader are due to arrive Thursday or
Friday, Saturday at the latest. So I just have to hold tight until then.
Patience...ugh!

If I want to make the PB capable of being online at some point in time,
updating browsers and such will be far easier via and CF card, I think.

I am a little concerned that the USB CF/SM reader is a reader only and not
also a writer, but I did a little research and it SEEMS that I should be
able to drag and drop over to the reader from my iMac. I am keeping my
fingers crossed, anyway. If not, I'll just sell this reader and get a
reader/writer. I only paid $10 for this one, so I know I can sell it and get
back what I paid for it.

Once I finally get the CF card and reader, I'll report in on how it all
works out just in case someone else on the list is interested.

Thanks,
Morgan