Hi Everyone,

I wrote earlier this week about a 1400Cs I got for free from a friend.
Since then I have been pretty much using the system for Word Processing
and minor tasks, using ClaisWorks. Since i had no ethernet card, or modem
for it, I was stuck offline with it.

Today the friend came by today and he had both a Modem and a Sonic Ethernet
card. Since I use a Webramp, I tend to pull most everything into the LAN
I have here and use it to share my ISP connection.

Well everything was working fine, then half way thru the download, the 1400
shutdown. I thought that was strange, it had never just shutdown on me (keep
in mind the unit is on AC, has a junk battery.) I had some trouble getting
it
to power back on, I would get the startup sound but then heard the HD just
power
down, and never got display. I finally did a reset of the unit, and reset
the
Pram, which seem to bring it back to life. Yet everytime I try and go online
for a while, it will work flawlessly, then reboot if I try to  download.
Sometimes
after 5 minute, sometimes after an hour. I can surf for a while with no
problem.
It always seems to be using the download. I have disabled ALL power
management
extensions, after setting them to "never".

I can't figure this one out, and worse, I do not have the OS on Floppy, only
CD and I have no CD for the unit. Another thing, sometimes it sees the Sonic
Ethernet card and labels it "Ethernet" other times it labels it in
gibberish.
But this doesn't seem to have a bearing on the shutdowns. I can't figure
this out,
anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
Chuck