I also own a travelmate 513 that has been upgraded with 256mb ram and a 40gb
hdd it also has an add on dvd and floppy and 1 pc card slot which i attach a
freecom cdrw to modem is built in and it is run by a pentium 3 800mhz
processor it is about 1 1/2 cms thick and has a 12' screen and weighs less
that my duo 2300c.

*****

Sounds like a nice laptop.  I already own a thin and light, the Toshiba
Portege 3490, it is .8 inches thick, has an 11.3" screen and weighs 3.4 lbs.
The replacement model is .7 inches thick, weighs 2.6 lbs and has a 12"
screen.

The debate is whether to bite the bullet and get one with a built-in optical
drive, or to keep my Portege 3490, which like your Acer, I have external DVD
and CDRW drives for.  My current machine is a Pentium III 700MHz, 192 RAM
and 20GB hard drive, with the modem built-in and a 10/100 lan card in the
dual PC slots (Xircom realport).  What I like better about my machine and
the Portege 4000 with the built-in drives is the mouse, they both have the
eraserhead pointing stick, which I prefer over the touchpad.

Ah well, so many choices.  I've had excellent luck with Toshiba though, so I
would probably stay loyal if I buy another PC.

Andrew

"To make something clean, something else must always be soiled, but to make
something dirty, nothing else need be made clean."

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.