Has anyone had a similar experience?

A couple of days ago I rec'd a new Sonnet Crescendo PB G3 466 mhz for my
1400cs (OS 8.5)  From what I understand this card is the most recent
upgrade available from Sonnet.  I installed the card according to
instructions.  In the "problem-solving" section it mentions that if the
PowerBook fails to startup after installation that the power button must
be held in the depressed position for 8-10 hrs. to reset the power manager
(whatever that is).  This I did TWICE, with no success.

I called Sonnet's tech support and EVENTUALLY got a guy on the phone who
sounded like some poor asthmatic high school kid who didn't know a
PowerBook from a G4 tower.  Whenever I'd ask a question, he'd put me on
hold to "confer" with one of his colleagues.

He gave me two options: hold the power button down for a minimum of 24
hrs, or send the card back to confirm that it's working properly.  (What
happened to quality control?)

Tonight I go home, plug it back together and hope for the best.  Has
anyone had similar issues with resetting the power manager??

Jim Perkins

"The believer is happy; the doubter is wise."
     -Hungarian proverb

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.