Hi folks, I just bought a used powerbook 5300ce. It was working perfectly until
I dropped it a few inches on to the floor a week ago. I had assumed that it
would be fine (it's survived worse :) but the next morning, I had this display
problem. Everything else seems to work fine - it apparently boots up and runs
normally, I just can't see it.

What I see is the top 1/5th of the screen is mostly black, but with a the faint
fuzzy image of what should be appearing on the screen. It's an image of the
whole screen, not just the top 1/5th. The rest of the display from there down is
white.

I opened the book up and reseated the video cables, on the mainboard and in the
display itself, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Is this something I stand a chance of fixing? I can't afford to repair the
machine - I assume a screen or mainboard replacement would be needed.

Thanks a lot,
-Jim

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.