At 01:22 AM 4/21/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I used the default install from Softwindows. How do I reformat the DOS
>disk and reinstall Windows 95? I have a copy of Win 95 I've used on my PCs
>before.
>Macluver

Easiest way would be to make an emergency boot floppy
(Start-Settings-Control Panel, Add-Remove Programs, should be a Startup
Disk tab), then boot off the floppy. Make sure you have access to the
CDROM, as I can't remember if Win95 includes DOS CD ROM drivers or not. If
it does, then type a "format c:", let it spin for awhile, then switch to
the CDROM (Probably going to be d:) and then type "setup" and enter. Follow
the prompts, and you should be set to go.

If you don't have access to the CDROM in DOS, you'll have to find a DOS
level CDROM driver. It would seem odd for it not to have one somewhere,
though. If all else fails, find someone with Windows 98 and use the
emergency boot floppy from there. I know that Win98 included a DOS CDROM
driver on the boot disk. It won't hurt Win95 to be installed from a Win98 boot.

Hope this helps :)
Scott Holder

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.