> ----------

Depending on what parts you're getting with it, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood
of $200 - $400.  Afterall, this is a pre G3 and now we're up to G4s.

> I don't know how large the HDD is (assume 1.3 G), if
> there's a modem (probably not; I'll use an external).

It will probably have a modem/ethernet built in.

> Question 1. - on the external zip, is there a cable to
> connect to the p-book and is it usable to connect
> other SCSI devices?

Yes, there's the HDI SCSI plug that can be used to connect many types of SCSI devices.
 You can also get a zip drive to fit into the expansion bay swapping out the floppy or
CD-ROM.

> Question 2. - the G3 250 MHz mob swap - has it been
> done by list members with any success? I know the
> original bus is slower.

I've heard the that the original G3 (Kanga) motherboard will fit in a 3400.  Never
done it.

> Q.3. - the CardBus mod (for the once posted price of
> $99) -  will it be neccesary with the G3 250 swap?

Yes.

> Q.4 - is there an AC adaptor, and how does the battery
> recharge (quickly, how often before failing).

The battery recharges by having the AC adapter plugged into the PB unless you get an
external charger.

> Q.4 . - the P-book 5300c now has Airport card
> capability using a third-party driver. Does this apply
> to the 3400c?

I believe it does though I don't have an experience with AirPort cards in my 3400.

> Q.5 - I'll probably try to sell off the CD-Rom, Zip
> and floppy drives; are they hot-swappable and is there
> a market for them (no eBay, please).
> Thanks
> George

Why sell them?