Hi everyone,

I need some advice from all you Mac wizards. My sister, who has never
used a Mac in her life, has commissioned me to buy a used Powerbook
for her eleven-year-old daughter. Her requirements are simple:

1) Cost $100 or less
2) Simple and reliable
3) Can run some version of PowerPoint

Internet connectivity is not an issue (my sister allows supervised
Net access only via her PC with cable modem). So what Powerbook would
you recommend? What version of the OS?

My niece loves to do two things: write, and play with PowerPoint.
I've got every word processor known to man, so I thought I could
install WordPerfect, which is free, and an old copy of Word 5.1 that
I no longer use. These would integrate smoothly with Windows-versions
on my sister's PC, so my niece could copy a file to a PC-formatted
floppy and print via the PC.

What I don't know about is PowerPoint. I don't know anything about
its version history and compatibility with various versions of the
Mac OS-and I don't know where to get my hands on a vintage version.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy Butts