At 06:43 AM 7/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I didn't save it.  Basically, what one does is to start Intelligent
>Battery Recondition with no battery installed. Install the battery when
>it asks for it. Repeat a few times.
>
>Jim

Well, this talk of reviving batteries finally got me off by butt to revive
my 520c's battery. It wasn't even being recognized in 8.1

Ran the recond, it first verified the battery, then went through updating
battery, then it went into reverifying the battery. When it was almost
finished, it popped up a box saying it can't be updated and to return it to
an Apple service center. Is it really really dead? It does seem to be
occasionally recognized now, but doesn't charge. Every now and then, it
also goes through an Extended Precharging.

Thanks,
Scott Holder