What are the general specs on that PB? Do you have the PowerPC upgrade
installed? What OS are you running?

Victor

From: "b e n  w e l l s  |  headwerkx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Modem issues with 540c
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 02:25:40 +1000

Hi all,

Tried firing up the internal modem in my 540c a few hours ago with little
success. Won't dial from PPP Control Panel, just errors that the actual
modem is trying to access something (itself?) that is already in use.
AppleTalk is set to Ethernet, TCP/IP was tried on PPP and Ethernet settings
and no dice. The actual modem config was Internal, and "Global Village
Gold", which I'm pretty sure it is.

Despite having used Macs for years this is the first time I've actually had
to set up a PPP connection in classic MacOS (did it in OSX Beta, that was
simple enough) so I may have missed something elementary, so please, don't
be afraid to point out my idiocy!

The 540c's running MacOS 8.1.

Cheers, Ben.
--
Victor Nazarian, Information Services Manager
United States Institute of Peace