on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:30:18 -0700
 Daniel Sirks wrote:

<Paul gives you good advice.  You did not say whether you are comfortable
taking
apart a laptop.  Remember, having a good technician do the job, even though
simple and probably about 10 minutes total time, including testing time,
will
cost you $40-65.  Many of us now do these tasks ourselves.  It really is
easy.>

As soon as I can get hold of a manual I'm going to work up the nerve to try
this -- the idea of paying a tech is anathema, especially considering how
cheap the computer was in the first place.  Won't I also need a torx
screwdriver?  From the hardware store?  And many thanks for all this good
advice, it's immensely reassuring.

Victoria