Sorry for the long post.

This machine was connecting to the net using dial up at my apartment without
any problems, of course after following Gary's suggestion. But like I said I
had gotten the machine so I could use it while on my weekend job ( I spend
the whole weekend there.) . The place has two phone lines , one is private (
for the weekday staff.) The powerbook connected to the net without any
problems. But I could not use this line because it's private and the other
staff is always gone for the weekend. The house line has some restrictions on
it but all my dial up numbers are local. I was always getting the message
that the modem was not getting a dial tone. The phone works fine. The other
weekday staff has one of those small sony notebooks and he gets onto aol
without any problems. I don't what he's doing and he was gone by the time I
was trying to log on; won't see him till friday. Does anyone know what's
going on here?
TIA.
Peter.

--