Victoria--

It should be fairly straightforward to transfer the connectors from one mb
to the other. I've done some surgery of this order--you have to be careful,
but it can be done. My tools of choice are a 15-watt grounded iron (for
static electricity safety) from Radio Shack and the finest rosin-core solder
they carry, something in the range of 1.5mm diameter, I think (.032" here in
the US of A).

You will also need some method of desoldering the connectors from the mbs in
question. I would warn against desoldering braid, as it seems to require
high-wattage irons and usually leaves residue, but a solder sucker should
suffice, as will other more primitive methods like melting the solder on
both terminals and pulling _carefully_ until you get the connector free.

If you're not familiar with soldering techniques, you should be able to find
manuals at whatever the UK equivalent of Radio Shack is. Or just rope in a
techie friend of yours--I wouldn't try this if you're at all uncomfortable
with soldering. There's also a fair chance of destroying the board, so be
careful at any rate!

Best wishes,
Jesse