At 04:41 PM 8/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>At 4:59 PM -0600 8/17/02, Andrew Kershaw wrote:
> >I seem to recall hearing at one time or another that it is possible to
> >use your home telephone wires (the ones in the wall) in conjunction
> >with a PhoneNet LocalTalk adapter to run a small network to multiple
> >rooms in a house...  Is this possible?
>

>Yeah, I've done it.  LocalTalk runs on a spare set of wires (not
>connected to the phone company.  It connects using the outer pair in
>a standard phone jack (RJ-11).

Okay, then there's your definitive answer.

However, one caveat, most 2-line systems use both the inner and outer pair,
so my warning would still stand if you're in a 2-line house that does that.

Otherwise, it looks like you'll be fine. I'll have to keep this in mind, it
could be quite handy.

Scott Holder