I think I just read somewhere that someone had a similar problem and the
cause turned out to be the power module. What is a power module, I'm not
that familiar with the inner workings of my Power Book, is that like the
power supply in a desktop computer? How difficult would it be to swap out?

About the previous fix by resetting the computer, I tried holding the reset
button in for about 45 seconds then reinstalled the battery and the power
cord and that didn't work. I repeated the procedure about 3 or 4 times, so I
don't think it's a pram problem. So I don't know what else it could be.

Thanks,
jamie :)