Rick
Don't know what os you are running, but under os 8...you should see BUILT IN
MEMORY, with an arrow to click...if you click on that arrow, it will open
like a folder, and tell you what chips are in there...
Hope this helps...otherwise, it's pretty easy to open the 1400...even I can
do that...I am not techie at all...the ram cards should be marked with their
size...
Tom