I'm sure it has something to do with the machine having pre-production
ROMs or something. The 'Book is labeled as: "Hooper DVT Unit" so it's
probably got development ROMs. I've tried every OS from 8.0 to 9.2.1 and
none are acceptable apparently. The 'Book gives an error while booting
that means something like "This Mac's ROMs are too new(?)/old(?) for this
OS." I forget now exactly which, it's been awhile since I've tried it.

BTW, any OS collectors out there want the Sonata OS that was on it's HD
when I got it? I'm pretty sure it ain't exactly the 8.1 GM.

Hey, I got an idea! *. . . maybe I could grab the ROMs image and compare
it to a production 3400 . . . Uhh, I forget how to grab the ROMs, anyone
care to remind me?

Dan K

* My 3 yr old daughter loves to say that, esp. when she thinks of
something like going out for ice cream -
    As in: Hey, I got an idea, let's go out for ice cream!