--- Tom & Lisa P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>  Any risk in using the 3500 batteries? Are those
> >>  voltage ratings okay?
> >
> >No risk, they are OK.
> >
> >Greg
>
> What about charging ?  I thought Li Ion batts had to
> be controlled
> much mroe carefully when charging.  This is the only
> reason I havnt
> tried to use a Gateway Solo Li Ion battery in my
> 1400.
>
> Mad DOg

The 3500 (Kanga) and the 3400c can and do both use the
same Li-Ion battery and the same NiMH battery. They
are both designed to know the difference and charge
them accordingly. Read page 14 15 and 16 of the
Service Source Manual. It discusses the 3400 and G3
(Kanga) battery as the same. It differentiates between
NiMH and Li-Ion and makes mention of the fact that the
5300 and 190 can use the same NiMH battery as the 3400
and G3.

Greg