Two things to consider:

The internal hard drive is not necessariy SCSI ID 0. They normally are
from the factory, but the only way to know for sure is to use some
utility to find out. Mt. Everything is the first one I go to but there
are many others.

The SCSI disk mode cable has to have 30 pins. If one of the corner pins
in the square connector is missing then it is NOT a SCSI disk mode
cable. But, just because the connector plug has 30 pins does not
guarantee that it is a SCSI disk mode cable. The 30th pin can be
present but not connected internally. This is something that is
possible, but I don't know if there have been any cables or adapters
actually manufactured with 30 pins, but have the one corner pin
disconnected.

Greg

Send list messages to:  <mailto:powerbooks@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:powerbooks-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>