On 2002-11-11 10:28, "Johnson Reavek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a 1400 166/64/4gig unit with a sonnet G3 upgrade, and everytime I go to
> the startup disk selector control panel, the panel quits with a type 3 error.
> Then, when I restart, the system can't find the start up volume on the hard
> drive and I have to restart from a system cd and reinstall.  What is going
> on?!!!  Help!  It's with system 9.1

Hm... There is a known issue with the Sonnet G3PB upgrade and Mac OS 8.6
through 9.0.4, but to my knowledge none with 9.1. It has been running quite
stably for me for a year or so now.

There might be an issue with your hard drive, maybe?

> Also, since I tried everything, including a low level disk reformat, it
> continues, which leads me to think it's in the ROM?

Have you tried installing the original CPU and checking if the problem
persists? If not, you might want to contact Sonnet about this.

> Furthermore, where tro download the sonnet extension and metronome?  I can't
> find them on the site and since I wiped, I will need them to reinstall again!

Cache enabler extension:
<http://www.sonnettech.com/downloads/software/ce_install_v201.sit>

Metronome (not required, but a nice utility anyways):
<http://www.sonnettech.com/downloads/software/metronome_v145.hqx>

,xtG
.tsooJ
--