Hi,

Just bought a battery model number M3254 for my 3400 and realised afterwards
that this is the NiMH one for the 190 and 5300 that also works in the 3400,
rather than the proper 3400 battery. The Apple site said it will work,
though for much less time. However, it works OK for about 30 minutes and
then warns me about battery life and then shuts down within a few seconds,
despite the control strip saying there's a good 40 - 50 minutes left. Is
this normal or is it suffering memory effect? How long should this battery
last in a 3400? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Tim.