-----Original Message-----
From: PowerBooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Andrew Kershaw
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:05 PM
To: PowerBooks
Subject: Re: 5300 screen questions

<snip>
I'm in the midst of a project to upgrade the VRAM on my 5300cs
motherboard from 512KB to 1024KB.  I've soldered the RAM on and
double checked everything, but the ce display I have still doesn't
work correctly.  It's not immediately obvious where the problem lies
- except for a missing 8MB RAM on the cs motherboard, the ce and cs
variants now look pretty darn similar, right down to the CPU speed
;-) Both are now 117MHz...

Peace,
Drew

Check the configuration resistors, I would bet that they are in different
positions, you will need to check a small section at a time to spot the
difference.
Ben.