>Why is this off-topic? It's pertaining to a PowerBook! We've
>discussed wireless networking, cable modems, cardbus, and more.

Because the PowerBook in question is a PowerBook G3 Series
(Wallstreet), which is at best one-off (not counting the PowerBook G3
"Kanga") from the topic of discussion on this list.

This list covers 68k and PowerPC PowerBooks before the PowerBook G3.
>PowerBooks [...] is for users of pre-G3 PowerBooks and other
>portable Mac OS computers.

PowerBooks G3 and above belong on the "G-Books" list.
>G-Books [...] is for iBook, PowerBook G3, and PowerBook G4 users.

PowerBooks Duo, while still on-topic for this list, also have their
own list (not maintained by Dan Knight).  Many listers choose to
subscribe to both.
<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml>

Wireless networking, cable modems, and cardbus as applied to
PowerBooks (68k and PowerPC), are topical.  General questions about
networking and cable modems, while often answered here, are better
suited to the Mac Network list.
>Mac Network [...] is for anything related to Mac networking:
>LocalTalk, ethernet, modems, AirPort, Remote Access, connection
>sharing, etc.

For a list of ... lists, and what is considered on-topic and
off-topic, go to <http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/>

Peace,
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Want to know if your neighbor has Wi-Fi?  Find out with
ClassicStumbler! <http://homepage.mac.com/alk/classicstumbler/>