I'm using an "Omniflash Active Adapter (PCMCIA)" in a PB 1400. This is a 4
in one reader, capable of memory stick, smart media, multimedia card and SD.
Works great!! I bought it new, and was able to take my 'book into the store
and try it out first, before laying out the dosh.

Strangely, there is no mention on the website of the card
(http://www.omniflashproducts.com/). Anyway, I run OS 8.6, and it needs no
drivers to run in that. It will almost certainly work in a 3400, and I
assume also in a 5300, but I can't be sure.

Hope this helps,

John.