I have a 5300c and it is much more capable than I would have originally
thought. I can run up to system 9.1 however I prefer 8.6 on the 5300c
because the color works better for some reason. My 5300c has been used
as a portable MP3 jukebox , for accounting , spreadsheet, and database
applications, programing , with the proper external devises you can
manipulate graphics in thousands of colors, basicly it's a very
functional computer and mine has been quite dependable. It does feel
slow as death compared to my iMac but what can you expect from the
original PPC Powerbook. Be careful if it uses the original power supply
because the straight design can destroy your ac connection when
something bumps it. I have a BTI adapter with the "L" shaped connector I
highly recomend getting one if you can find one.