On 2003-02-14 00:23, "cyber corsair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi I wanted info ont the type PPC CPU the can be used in the 520c as I under
> stand it can be uped to a 603e the same as the one in the 2300c.  If this so I
> have access to a cheap supplus of powerbooks from a local store here in the
> Sacrameto area.

Well, yes and no... Yes, there were upgrades made for the 500 series that
used PPC603 CPUs, like the 100 MHz upgrade card from Apple and the 100 and
117 MHz cards from Newer.

But that doesn't mean you can scavenge any old 603 CPU and just stick it in;
you'll need a bona fide PowerBook 500-series CPU daughter card.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
011110010110111101110101