On 2003-02-14 14:10, "Dan Palka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was just going to say I could have sworn I saw upgrades that were over
> 150mhz, like 166mhz or 175mhz or something.  I spent a whole good 3 hours
> searching for PPC upgrdades for my 520 just a few days ago and I kept
> running into those.  But they weren't made by apple.

I am pretty sure I saw those (166 MHz cards) advertised in MacWorld, circa
1996/1997, but I wasn't 100% sure when I posted my info, so I thought I'd
better stick to what I'm certain of.

If anyone made those, it was NewerTECH. They had plans to even make G3
upgrades for the 500 series, but those were foiled by the fact that Apple
had ordered the moulds for the (custom) connector used to connect the CPU
(and RAM) board to the motherboard (more of a backplane, really) destroyed,
because the seemingly endless upgrade potential of the 500 series was
becoming a threat to their PowerBook sales.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
 /~\   The ASCII Ribbon Campaign: