> Thanks, but you all are the experts! Can you instruct a rank
> amateur PB user how to switch off SCSI mode on his PB 190? Does this
> bug affect one's file sharing in any way?
> I was also wondering whether after all this time since 1998
> if some sharp Mac hacker hasn't conjured up some solution.
>
> Thanks for the response!
>
> JimWG

SCSI disk mode is only used when you plug a SCSI cable in the back of your
powerbook, and then plug the other end into another computer. There is a
control panel named "Powerbook SCSI Disk Mode", but this only changes the ID
of your hard drive.

File sharing is in no way affected, neither is anything else, and the fix is
simple: don't plug your book into another computer via the SCSI port. :-)

The problem resides in the ROM of the books, which means no amount of
hacking will fix it...

--
John