Hello, me again,

Am still futzing with the whole "new battery charging" issue (and
questioning how reliable the little indicators in the toolbar are now!)
but feel there is progress... This question is about AC adapters!

Have discovered that one (of two) has a short of some sort (in the
skinny cord part that runs from the 'book to the bulky box). I searched
and searched online yesterday to try to find a replacement and came up
with nothing for my age of  'book.

Any suggestions on where to find a "new" AC adapter for 1400cs? If this
is an inappropriate topic for the list please feel free to email me
OL... The part is: "Macintosh Powerbook 45W AC Adapter Model M4896".
Thanks in advance as always,

~Aly

P.S. Regarding battery discussion: Thanks very much for the info about
the "gray bars" vs the "white bars" in the control panel -- that made a
lot more sense once I examined how it was acting and the knowledge
calmed me down, whoever wrote it. Appreciate it! =-)