Help!

Years ago I learned that one of the original ac adapters (for PB
140-180?) had a flaw that after it got old, it could cause a
"nonreplaceable" fuse on the main logic board to blow, requiring,
according to Apple, a logic board replacement.  That ac adapter was
replaced by an improved model which did not have this flaw.  Studying
Apple knowledge base article 16168 (the URL is too long to post...), it
appears the "replacement" adapter is model M4662.

Does anyone happen to have any authoritative info on this subject?  I
see there are several ac adapters that were all replaced by M4662 but I
don't know, for sure, that all of them had the same problem (iirc it had
something to do with a breakdown of the insulation between the positive
and negative poles of the plug...).

I'm in need of an ac adapter for a PB 170, many of which are available
on ebay, but I don't want to buy one that's going to cause me this problem.

TIA

Gary