Cameron wrote:

>> You list six slots on a 1400?  What OS are you using?  I also only show the
>> Logic Board RAM and the Expansion RAM with OS 9.1.
>
> Yep, that's all that shows in mine, too (8 and 52MB).

Also David & K and anybody -- apologies for firing off an irrelevant answer
without thinking even once, much less twice.  The six slots are not on a
1400 (I don't even *have* a 1400) or on any kind of PB at all, but on my
7600 (desktop) where resides the System Profiler that I was checking to see
that it does indeed (on that machine anyway) detail the various vbits and
pieces of installed RAM.  All this popped into my head, what little there is
of it, after going offline yesterday.  Also popped the obvious answer to the
original question, which was how to tell the sizes of the two stacked memory
cards without opening the 'Book.  It *has* to be an 8MB and a 32MB, doesn't
it?  Don't they all come in sizes corresponding to powers of two?  If so
that's the only combination that adds up to 40.

Egg on my face,
Victoria
--
Let's take back our country in 2004:  Howard Dean!