This is going to sound either very smart or very stupid:
Doesn't it tell you after the name on the case? For example, "3400c/240"
means it is a 240MHz Machine...

I'm just guessing here, thatıs what the 1400 series is like, so I only
assume the same for the 3400's. If not, (ie, it just says "3400c" or there
is no case sticker thingo) then I'd say you will have to boot the beast up
:-)

One note: If there isn't Ethernet on the back of it, then it will be one of
the few 180Mhz machines sold without Ethernet (the other models had it
standard)

--
John