Up to you of course, but may I suggest you give the 2300 a try... 68k code
has never had any problems running on a PPC in my experience, and anything
coded 'FAT' (ie, both PPC and 68k) will be remarkably improved in speed I'd
say... (probably even the 68k stuff will be better on a 100Mhz machine
compared to 40Mhz)

Don't know about the RAM thing though, sounds a little strange to me...

--
John