Brian,

    The fuse you speak of is on the motherboard next to the battery
connector, it is a 5amp 125v surface mount.  Usually the machine will
bootup with both a charged battery and AC adapter plugged in, have you
tried Booting up from a Norton utilities boot disk or an Apple disk tools
disk?  I have tested, functioning mother and daughter boards that I'll let
go for $10.00 for the pair plus shipping.  All the hardware will work on a
160 as will the memory card, I'm not sure about the screen, but I think
not.

Roger