Hello Josh,

Is it an Apple-Branded CD Drive? If not, then chances are it isn't
recognised by the System Software. Go to www.resexcellence.com and look
around for a page explaining how to modify Apple's Driver to work with all
kinds of CD-ROMS. I can't find it right now (crappy internet connection) but
I can vouch for it's usefulness, I had a Sony SCSI drive running no worries
in next to no time. This is my best guess for what your problem is, but just
incase it isn't...

Are you terminating the SCSI chain? Sometimes the device will do that by
itself, but not always...

Do you know if the drive is good? If not, try hooking it up to the 'book by
itself - leave HD's off for a sec.

MAYBE you need to enable mounting PC SCSI disks in File Exchange? Don't know
why that would be necessary, but hey, I'm just throwing ideas out there for
now.

Maybe try a different CD, I usually test a drive using a commercial audio
CD, that way there won't be any problems with unsupported formats...

Do the HD's work and mount? If not, then there is obviously a problem with
your cable. You didn't mention them not working, so I doubt that would be
the problem

Oh, and welcome to our list :-)

--
John