Jeff Hewitt wrote:

The stated ram limit for the 5300ce is 64 megs.  I have noticed that are ram
upgrades for the grayscale and cs 5300 in th configuration of 48, and 56
megs.  After looking up these ram modules, I was informed by a web based ram
dealer's site that these modules are not compatible with the 5300ce.  This
seems odd to me.  Did the ce use a different ram slot or something? or is
there another reason why the limit remains at 64 megs? Something like the
dirty roms of the plus' perhaps?

The 64 mb limit is a system limitation for the 5300 series, part of the mobo design, afaik, like the 1400.

Some 5300's have 8 megabytes of RAM on the motherboard. They can take both 56 and 48 MB modules, since that would raise the 'books to 64 and 56 mb respectively.

The 5300ce has 16 megs on board, and so it cannot use the 56 mb card. Why it can't use the 48, I don't know. Data Memory Systems lists a 48 MB card for the 5300ce...

-- Bruce Johnson University of Arizona College of Pharmacy Information Technology Group