>The 5300ce has 16 megs on board, and so it cannot use the 56 mb card.
>Why it can't use the 48, I don't know. Data Memory Systems lists a 48 MB
>card for the 5300ce...

I haven't tested it, but on Windows machines with RAM limits, and for sure
on my 6400, usually the extra RAM doesn't kill anything, it just gets
wasted and not seen.

But the 1400 and 5300 are weird in several ways.  A good Mac sales place
like www.macsales.com would be able to say for sure, if you tried their
tech support (or people here too, I'm sure :)

"we parted each feeling
superior to the other and is not that
feeling after all one of the great
desiderata of social intercourse"