>>> 8.5.1 was the first
>>

>> No either way.  8.1 had the ASIP client built in.  OS 9 had the ASIP
>> FileSharing server built in.  You could do ASIP on FileSharing on
>> earlier OSes but you had to buy the software from a third party.
>> It's basically their software that Apple bought and added to OS 9.

Well, OS 8.1 certainly lets me use AppleTalk for TCP/IP *iff* I have a MacIP server
configured.

I tried Googling up some information on that -- I have a StarMax 3000 I'd like to use
as a bridge between the ethernet-less Powerbook 1400 I have and LAN -- but came up
blank.  Rather, I got tons of stuff, typically 2-3 years old or older, that normally
says, "That was something Apple used to support," and "You can't use that any more."

I dug up that Sustainable Softworks used to sell a product that did it here
(http://www.sustworks.com/products/product_ipnr.html), but obviously that site's a
bust now.

Any easy way to make my Max a bridge to the net for my 1400 via the Printer port?

Thanks!

Ruffin Bailey