Hi all,

Hmm, well now that more than 1 person has reported this, i took a look at my own
190, and it has connections in exactly the same place (they are nicely soldered
though). Looks like it is a standard mod - just hand soldered on one and not on
the other.

Evan, I'd try the suggestions mentioned before for that 5300 with the same
problem (take the battery out and power it up, etc) as I think i *broke* my
190cs, whereas the others had a problem before.

Incidentally, surely Apple realised these 'books were going to just drop apart
when they built them - just took the keyboard, HDD and trackpad out to check
that, and two of the bits where the screws go in fell off! I hadn't even
overtightened or cross-screwed them!

I've given up on my dead 190cs (it was REA'd and everything :(), as its still
only good for making loud static and whistling noises. I feel my old 190 is
going to get a nice new case and screen...

This means i'll have most of a 190 in good parts. Anyone in the UK (or wanting
to pay postage to the US) want any of them?

Josh