OK, this is (or at least may be) weird. On a whim I plugged it into the free USB port on the side of the iMac (vs. into the keyboard), and it shows up! Any interpretations on this? For example, does this mean I can't use the drive through any hub?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

- Eric.

Maybe. You might need the Apple USB device driver from the Apple site. Some USB stuff is persnickity.

Dan Scanlan

SUPPORT THE TROOPS - BRING THEM HOME NOW.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and those are the ones we need to concentrate on."
George W. Bush, Washington DC, March 2001

END OF THE TRAIL SALOON
Alternate Sundays
6-8am GMT (10pm-midnight PDT)
http://www.kvmr.org

"I uke, therefore I am." -- Cool Hand Uke
"I log on, therefore I seem to be." -- Rodd Gnawkin

Visit Cool Hand Uke's Lava Tube:
 http://www.oro.net/~dscanlan