I was just reading a page about the 2400 when I
noticed that a suggested replacement for the hard to
find 2400 power adapter is the yo yo shaped 45w ibook
adapter.  I checked this item out at the apple store
online, and noted that it says it is also for "older
g3 powerbooks.  This adapter features dual voltage
(100 - 240)  and will charge lion batteries while on,
off or asleep.

Since I have seen one of our  3400's powered by an
original 2400 adapter (albeit a bit underpowered, when
I put it under a real 3400 adapter I got the lightning
bolt charging icon and everything. But the 2400
charger did charge the battery...) I realize there is
some flexibility here.

I looked at the back of the 3400 adapter, it says "45w
input ac100-240 output 24v, am I wrong in thinking
this little ibook adapter might be an acceptable
replacement for at 3400?

Does anyone on the list use a power adapter not
originally designed to be used with their particular powerbook?