hello again,

thanks for the detailed suggestions. I've tried unsuccesfully (so far) to
track down the described the SCSI disk mode cable, only to find out that the HDI
SCSI/DOCK "L-shaped" adapter is instead readly available from many
sources. Any way I could use this at the 540c end to achieve my goal. I
use such an adapter to hook the Lombard to the SCSI chain.

cheers, gianfranco